Monday, February 22, 2016

Matt Leunig Widespread Panic St. Louis Poster Release


Matt Leunig always loves doing stuff for Widespread Panic… they are his longest running client, having done his first poster for them 9 years ago in 2007, so he was stoked to get the call to do a print for their current Spring Tour.

Matt talks about the idea for the poster:
My gig was to be for St. Louis, MO… the venue the Peabody Opera House. I have only been to St. Louis once but my wife went to school there and I have some friends who live there (who helped take some reference photos for me) so I picked their brain as I wanted the poster to reflect the city more so than some of my stuff in the past. After seeing photos, the beauty of the venue struck me, with all its ornamentation and intricate gold molding through out. That and the big bear statues that line the entrance outside. As for the concept, I went with a mysttic “Cardinal Queen”. The first couple versions were outside celebrating the Spring time.. mushrooms,.. flowers.. the like, but I felt the beauty of the venue needed to be incorporated.
The final poster is a 5-color, (18’x 24′) print. There is a print run of 300 at the show. Matt will have a small Artist Edition run of 60 Signed & Numbered for sale on Monday February 22th at 11AM PST on his website http://scrapedknee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in