Sunday, August 16, 2015

Chuck Sperry Alabama Shakes Red Rocks Poster Release


Alabama Shakes are at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado tonight and Chuck Sperry did the poster for the concert.

The poster is 21 x 29 inch screen print with 7 colors on cream paper. Signed and Numbered Edition of 250.

This poster will be available officially through the band at the show!

Chuck will be making a very limited release of this poster and it’s variants on Friday, August 21, 2015 at a random time at ChuckSperry.net

Chuck address' a little boo boo:
I’ll just take this head on. I poured so much energy into this design, and the production was made a lot tougher considering that my main helper was in a motorcycle accident and broke his leg, right before this last push of three or four poster print jobs, so I’ve been really hauling butt with the help of my friend Ben! I’ll make note right now about the misspelling on the poster. I received the information from the band as “ampitheatre.” I might have checked the spelling, but I’m afraid I went on faith. The information looked authoritative, and I’m sorry I missed the error. Whereas it is suitable to use either “amphitheater” or “amphitheatre” – “ampitheater” is not regarded as an “alternate spelling. It is regarded only as an incorrect one. Better to fess up, dust myself off and move on. My apologies to my Colorado fans!

If you look on the Alabama Shakes website it has the funky spelling on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in