Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Stephanie Buer Dequindre Cut Print



Stephanie Buer has released a new print with 1xRUN titled Dequindre Cut. This painting is from an image she took while exploring the Dequindre Cut in Detroit, just outside of the Eastern Market.

"I did this piece for a group show put together by Thinkspace Gallery titled LAX/SFO which took place in San Francisco at Hashimoto Contemporary Gallery this past October. I've always wanted to do a piece about the Dequindre Cut, but the images hadn't fit well with any of my larger bodies of work for past shows.

I always get my ideas for pieces by wandering around cities and taking pictures. I sometimes start out with an idea or theme in mind, but the weather conditions or what I find will often dictate the direction of a piece or a body of work. I didn't head out that day, intending to explore this corridor, I just ended up there. It was an exciting day!" - Stephanie Buer

On Sale now at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in