Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tim Doyle Daft Punk Shiny Portrait Print Release


Continuing Tim Doyle’s new Watercolor portrait series- SHINY OBJECTS- Nakatomi is releasing this 2 print portrait set of the SHINIEST musicians of all time-HERE this WEDNESDAY 5/28 at 2pm Central.

From Tim Doyle-
“For years- high school through College, I worked almost exclusively with watercolor paint. Inspired by seeing JUST WHAT YOU CAN DO with watercolor and gouache paint in the pages of Alex Ross’ MARVELS and KINGDOM COME really changed my opinion about the medium, and lit a fire under my ass to get working. As the years went by, I moved on to Acrylic on canvas and then screenprinting as my medium of choice. Well- late last year, I cracked open my old kit, and did some paintings for fun (which you can see HERE) and we released a few of them through SpokeArt as high-quality giclee prints. And the response was very large. Fast forward a few months, and we here at Nakatomi get a new film printer for our shop, and not only can it crank out large, high-quality films for screenprinting, but it’s also a high-end giclee printer as well! SO- time permitting, I’ll be releasing portraits like this when the mood strikes.

One of my favorite things to paint is metallic and reflective surfaces, and I’ve found watercolor to be uniquely suited for that task. The little surprising hints of color that creep into what could otherwise be a dull, grey steel- can really be fun to portray. So here we are- my totally fun, barely though-out new print series- SHINY OBJECTS.

I could go on and on about the music of Daft Punk, and how it slowly crept up on me over the last few years to finally take over my play-list, but hey- people much better at music criticism than I have already said it all. And the band is really, really shiny.”

“SHINY PUNK” will be sold as a 2-print set, each measuring 12×16 (to match the 4 previous releases in the series). Nakatomi will only have 50 sets for sale. 10 random orders will receive 1/10 uncut sheets instead of the cut set! This 12×16 print set will never again be available for sale on Nakatomi.

These fine-art giclee print sets will be printed on cold-press natural watercolor paper, with genuine Epson Ultrachrome archival ink, directly in the Nakatomi studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in