Thursday, January 16, 2014

Todd Slater The Killers & Strange Attraction Posters On Sale

Details from Todd Slater on his new posters on sale now


I created this originally for a Las Vegas Weekly cover with the idea that I would also put out a print later on. The brief for this was wide open and the cover corresponded with the "Life is Beautiful" music festival happening in downtown Vegas. Beauty varies from person to person but for me that month my inspiration was drawn from The Cure and their music. I had just seen them live for the first time at Austin City Limits and Robert Smith's words hadn't yet left my head.

NOTES: 18 x 24 inches /// 5 screens (4 metallic on french nightshift blue paper) /// signed and numbered edition of 100 /// black variant to 17 & red subscriber variant to 38 /// Artwork originally featured on Las Vegas Weekly cover for October 24-30, 2013.



 The spark for this idea came to me while watching Miyazaki's Porco Rosso with my 6 year old daughter. The film is filled with all these sweeping cinematic sequences of big skies dotted with small fighter planes. I started piecing things together in my head and liked positioning a red warhawk style plane next to the words "The Killers". The rest of the necessary show info made some sense as the vapor trail. I then created a glow in the dark layer showing many of history's most deadly dictators to help contrast the serenity of the blue sky.

NOTES: 24 x 18 inches /// 6 screens /// signed and numbered edition of 100 /// holofoil variant to 25 /// August 9, 2013 at the Borgata Event Center

Buy them at ToddSlater.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in