Friday, January 10, 2014

Askew Yolanda Print & Original Artwork On Sale Today



New Zealand artist Askew returns to 1xRUN today with a new print from his recent show at Inner State Gallery. (Pictures from the show HERE)

"This piece was created in Detroit during the two weeks leading up to my show at Inner State gallery, Entropy. The original painting is on plexiglass, painted in sign painters enamel, acrylic and spray paint.

Since the ‘Thunderclap Headache’ piece from 2011 I’ve been consistently painting portrait works, either the left profile or straight on. The majority of these works are images of people from the Pacific region, mostly women who exude a strong sense of personal style and character. The main exception is when I travel I tend to try and paint someone from each place I go. Yolanda is Detroit local - we spotted her at a Red Bull House Of Art opening in Detroit's Eastern Market. After speaking with her and creating this piece I got a sense that she is a person with a story to tell and a very strong character." - Askew

On Sale at NOON EST today at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in