Thursday, July 25, 2013

Todd Slater Muse & Super 8 Posters On Sale

Todd Slater has a couple of brilliant new posters for sale, Muse European Tour Poster and the poster he made for the Bad Robot Show at Gallery 1988 for the movie Super 8.

 Todd on the design:
I wanted to make something that felt really grand in size that would capture the feeling of seeing Muse perform at one of their arena dates. I came up with this idea of representing the vastness of the audience by creating an interconnected image of the 12 animals in the zodiac. The Zodiac is based on a twelve year cycle, each year in that cycle relating to an animal sign. I was born the year of the horse. The person to my left may be a sheep and to the right could be a dragon. There is a feeling of unity hearing 25,000 people all chant the same lyrics.
NOTES: 16.5 x 23.4 inches (band requested standard A2 European frame size) /// 4 screens /// signed and numbered edition of 600 /// holofoil variant of 40 /// These were sold at the shows of Muse's European Tour dates.

Details from Todd:
This was commissioned for Gallery 1988's Bad Robot JJ Abrams themed show. I chose to make something for Super 8 because it captured my imagination the way adventure films in the 80s did. There are pieces of Close Encounters, ET, The Goonies, Alien and maybe even The Thing that felt new again while watching it. The nostalgia Abrams created felt earnest and true to me. I think the actual Super 8 camera is a thing of beauty in itself and I wanted to focus on that specific element for this print. The layering of color is beautiful in person.
NOTES: 24 x 18 inches /// 5 screens /// signed and numbered edition of 100

Buy them at ToddSlater.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in