Friday, May 17, 2013

Shepard Fairey Obey Star Letterpress Print Release Details



Many fans of Shepard Fairey were hoping he would continue making letterpress prints and those wishes have been answered as a new one is coming next week. 

I originally made the Star Icon in January 1996 as I was transitioning into a period of my work inspired by Russian Constuctivist Propaganda posters. I had made a simplified illustration of the Giant face I called the Icon and i decided I wanted to make a star iteration. I cut a star shaped window out and played with cropping until I was happy. The print below was the first print I made using the star image. I only made an edition of 90 of them and probably only sold a small percentage of the 90. The rest went up on the street or were damaged. The Obey Star has been a crucial element in my work ever since so I decided to make a letterpress variation on the 1996 O.G. Obey Star. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

-
Shepard
2 color Letterpress on 100% cotton Lettre paper, 110lb, deckled edges.
Signed and numbered edition of 400.  OBEY publishing chop on left corner.
10 inches x 13 inches, frame ready.   Ships flat.  $65

Release date: May 21, 2013 at a random time between 10am and 12 noon PDT here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in