Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Soundgarden Oakland Poster by Chuck Sperry Release Details


Details from Chuck:

Tonight’s (last night 2-12) Soundgarden poster is the first of a pair of posters for the Fox Theater in downtown Oakland printed by me with the awesome assistance of Chris Shaw at Hangar 18. I always have a great time working with Chris; there’s a lot of history between us, and we have always co-operated and taken on collaborative creative projects so well. I was contacted by Soundgarden to find a friend artist and create a pair of Soundgarden Fox Theater posters – the exact words were “Sister Prints” – both to be printed at my art studio, Hangar 18.

My Soundgarden Sister riffs on Soundgarden’s King Animal album title. I wanted to bring a sense of humanity’s domination of nature. By representing power and privilege, my Sister holds a mink stole by a gold chain through the pelted mink’s nose, and with rock hands. I created an intricate pattern to weave throughout the design using the album cover motifs:



Soundgarden at The Fox Theater, Oakland
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
20 x 33
Edition of 250
6 colors on archival cream paper
Signed and Numbered

Chuck will be making a very limited release of this poster and it’s variants on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at a random time on ChuckSperry.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in