Monday, December 10, 2012

Beau Stanton Reason Sleeps Print Release Details


"When I'm not painting in the studio I like to get out and explore abandoned sites around the NYC area. A couple of years ago I went to Staten Island to check out Rossville Boatyard, a huge collection of rusting old ships sitting in a shallow muddy channel. After the trip I immediately got to work on this piece. Reason Sleeps depicts a captain-less sinking ship on a tumultuous ornamented sea 'watched' over by a closed eye of providence. It was created last year for my Sanguine Machine solo exhibition at Gallery Hijinks in San Francisco. I have since created other images that expand on the imagery in this painting but I felt like this one would make the best print." - Beau Stanton

Reason Sleeps is a 24 x 18 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 40

On sale today at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in