Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Matt Gordon Fronts Dulcimer Print


This piece was finished early in 2012 by Matt Gordon as a part of the recent 323East Exhibition Lyric 2012 curated by Glenn Barr. Each artist was asked to draw inspiration from a lyric or song, so while some artist's pulled directly from a specific song or lyric, Matt Gordon approached his a bit differently.

"I struggled coming up with solid images for a while and finally figured it out when I realized that the music I was trying to paint about will always be cooler and better than one of my paintings. So I stopped trying to make a painting about Bowie's Starman or Iggy's Raw Power -- and I kinda brushed aside the questionable hours spent listening to Steve Miller's Greatest Hits album on repeat (I got busted accidentally singing along while running on the treadmill at the gym. WOO HOO!)

So I stopped listening to music and sought out the nerdiest podcasts I could find. One was about vintage Star Wars figures and one called The Mego Museum (It's about the awesome Barbie doll sized super hero dolls we played with in the 70's and early eighties.) Those became my friends and inspiration for two months as I was reminded how much fun playing and just being a kid was. Those happy memories brought me to success as I believe this to be on of my best finished paintings to date. I still listen to those podcasts today as they are rather enjoyable."- Matt Gordon

The print is 14 x 14 Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with an edition of 40

This RUN comes signed, numbered and with a Certificate of Authenticity from Matt Gordon and 1xRUN

On sale today at 3pm EDT at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in