Monday, July 18, 2011

Flatstock 30 in Chicago pictures and stuff




































Flatstock 30 was held this weekend in Chicago and ITRPF was there. The show was held inside the Pitchfork music festival and it really was a lot of fun. Anyone that enjoys the posters and art we obsess over should go to a Flatstock event. Its a chance to actually meet the artist's and talk to them in person. They are all super nice in person.

Finally got to meet and talk to James Flames in person. Had fun talking with Kevin Tong for the first time also. Dan from DKNG was great to chat with. Daniel Danger still needs to do something with his hair as seen above, he was also chasing down fence jumpers. Got to see some new artist like Bureau of Print Research & Design (Francisco Ramirez) who I had not seen before. Spent some time with Jay Ryan on the "Cooling Bus", which most everyone thought was just a broke down bus but was a nice escape from the heat. The best conversation I think was with Dan from Crosshair. I got a 10 minute education in screenprinting that blew my mind. I asked him how he gets his screenprints to look like photo's. On a print he may use only 5 colors but he ends up with 8 tones and it just makes for a beautiful print. Half way through I had to stop him and said "Dan half of this is going over my head LOL". My brain caught up with what he was saying and it started making sense. Dan is very meticulous in his planning and printing, I really enjoyed learning how he creates such a unique and powerful style.

Also had fun hanging out with the guys from API (American Poster Institute) including artist Parry Doogan who I thought for some reason lived in LA but lives in Chicago.

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures and I will have some special treats coming up on Fridays for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in